Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where were you?

I was on a trip in Ontario, CA on 9/11/01. I woke up at 6:30 in the Doubletree Hotel and took a shower-when I got of the shower I noticed that I had 9 voicemails. When I tried to check them the line was busy. I turned on the TV and saw Dan Rather and the towers. I tried to continue getting ready, but could not keep my focus thinking I had a to work a commercial flight within the hour. I went to the flight attendant in the room next door and my whole crew gathered together. For the next 4 days we spent all our time together until we could fly home to our own families. On Friday September 14, 2001 I worked the first commercial flight out of southern California. It was a day I will never forget...landing at Hartsfield and going home to my family was one of the best days of my life. Where were you?

No comments: